Goan Sweet Potato Drumstick Sabzi Recipe – A simple Goan vegetarian side dish made with Indian sweet potato (white flesh) and drumsticks (fruit from the moringa tree). Best served with a side of Rice and dal or rotis.
Sweet Potato and Drumstick Sabzi
- 2 sweet potato (peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 drumstick (cleaned and chopped into 3inch tubes)
- 1 tbsp coconut fresh grated
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies (slit length-wise)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cane sugar raw (or jaggery)
- 100 ml water
- to taste salt
In a pan, heat the oil.
Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter along with the green chillies.
Now add the sweet potato and water, to be covered and cooked.
When it's almost halfway done, add the drumstick, turmeric, chilli powder, sugar and salt and let it cook.
Before it's completely ready, add the fresh coconut and mix well. Serve hot